Sydney Water engaged Thompson Controls – as part of the SMART Team, to undertake the Electrical component of the SCADA and Electrical Upgrade Project.
The scope of works include:
- Construction of a new Main Low Voltage Switchroom and associated Main Switchboard.
- Consolidation and upgrading of Switchrooms to meet NCC Standards including a new Transportable Dewatering Switchroom;
- Installation of New MCC’s and associated PLP’s and UPP’s:
- Primary MCC;
- Secondary MCC;
- Tertiary MCC;
- Digesters MCC;
- Dewatering MCC;
- Effluent MCC;
- Blower House MCC.
- Modify and upgrade existing Pit and Pipe System;
- Modify and upgrade existing Cable Ladder Systems;
- Installation of a new SCADA Fibre Optic Network;
- Re-cabling of all equipment and instruments:
- Motors – 240
- Instruments – 600
- Valves – 95
- Replacement of existing Electrical Valve Actuators with Smart Actuators;
- Cutover and commissioning of equipment from old control system to the new control system.
Project DetailsBusiness unit: Energy
Client: West Hornsby Wastewater
Current status: Complete
Start date: July 2016
Completion period: November 2018
Contract type: Lump Sum