Bondi Wastewater Treatment Plant
The SCADA/Electrical Upgrade project undertaken for Sydney Water at the Bondi Wastewater Treatment Plant is an ongoing project with a budget of just over $4 million.
Thompson Controls was engaged by Sydney Water as a contractor as part of the SMART team.
The renewal upgrade project included replacing the existing Yokogawa DCS with a new plant-wide Clear SCADA System, and Thompson Controls completed the design, supply, installation and commissioning of the project including:
- Construction and installation of new PLP’s and UPP’s
- Profibus, Modus and Foundation Fieldbus interfaces to existing equipment and networks
- Modification of the existing control power distribution system (UPP’s)
- Installation of new fibre optics network
- Cut over of assets, ensuring continued availability of operations
- Updated and provided all required electrical drawings in ACAD format.
Project DetailsBusiness unit: Electrical Controls & Design
Client: Sydney Water
Current status: Complete
Start date: March 2015
Completion period: Ongoing
Contract type: Lump sum
Value: $4.1 million